If you are seeing a message, like: “The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.” you are uploading the wrong .zip file. The first thing you need to do is unzip the file you initially received when you purchased the theme. Once unzipped, you’ll see a README file along with the child theme .zip folder. This is the file you need to upload to Appearance > Themes to install your child theme.
Articles in this section
- Steps to take before contacting support
- I placed an order but I’m not seeing my downloads!
- I’m trying to import the demo content and I get an error message
- I’m trying to change my homepage and it keeps reverting to the default setting
- Why do I get errors when I try to upload/install my child theme?
- How do I update my theme’s meta tag information that appears in Facebook, etc?